Friday’s almost here! Tomorrow is a day that I’ve been simultaneously dreading and looking forward to at the same time. It is my last day of work here in Atlanta. It’s been truly lovely working here this summer. I was a little apprehensive about being the new person all over again, but I’ve worked with some really great people this summer. A few were not so great, but overall, it’s been a great experience and I’m sad to leave.
I’ve also been looking forward to this particular Friday because Mark and I are squeezing in one last beach weekend before school starts. He and I will be heading south to Florida for a few days of sunshine, sand, and good food. I’m so happy it has worked out for us to do this. We thought our plans might get cancelled all together earlier this week, but things have kept falling into place for one more summer weekend so after 5pm, we will be beach-bound.
I hope your weekend is just as lovely. Here are a few things I’ve enjoyed across the web this week:
- Road trip photos. They make me want to jump in a car and find the nearest diner.
- This site not only provides you with the forecast, but some outfit suggestions for the day as well. How perfect is that?
- The story of “Keep Calm and Carry On”
- Pinterest. I’ve been spending way to much time there lately. Here’s one of my favorites.
- Did you have any idea that trampolining is an Olympic sport? I didn’t.
- Beautiful peacock measuring spoons. Found via swissmiss.
- Yet another great DIY for wooden pallets.
- A few books I want to read: one and two
Image from here